Saturday, July 02, 2005

There's no place like home!


Kansas dancing shoes

So much for happy thoughts, this place licks serious balls!

Oh how I had planned to post a doozy of a bitch yesterday. Shitty god damned weather yet again. I had all these plans to post the aviation bulletins and point out the eminent scattered shitties coming our way. Like this one. Let you all know that it was fucking cold but not yet freezing! I was also going to post a graphic illustration from the same source. Followed by more commentary:

“What is with the “New” bull shit? And QS? Quasistationary? That’s crap. Essentially what it says is that for the next 12 hours I am going to be in a foul mood.”

Well it wasn't far off, it was actually 18.

Well the wind died then it rained all night and I woke up to the prospect having to wade my way through the saturated moss sponge to the kitchen for breakfast. Had a couple cups of coffee and then it got quiet. We cheered, opened up the door and were then presented with this pleasant sight.

Three god-damned more sleeps and I am out of here. And I can just see what is likely to happen. The wind will stop as hoped and the bugs will come and instead of only the 12 hour respite from the gales we will get 2 weeks and the only clouds obscuring the sky will be the mosquitoes and black flies. Hate to rain on your parade but when I am back home I might have to step on every spider I see, mind you I think that could also be done in Calgary and Winnipeg on my way back to camp.

On the positive side, I attended a going away party Thursday night for one of the cooks and went to bed sober. Which means any headache that may have been incurred was due to the diesel that spewed all over the floor because I forgot to light the stove for which I turned on fuel flow. Oops!?

Damn those girls can party!

More good news, the alcohol has almost all dried up and it looks like smooth sailing until I get back to the big city and jump right back into the monkey cage!

Well having gotten the bitch out of my system, the wind has died yet again and blue skies can be seen poking through the horizon offering just the faintest bit of hope for tomorrow.

Did I mention 3 more sleeps?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're going to have to have a welcome back FABAMAS. Any requests on location? You missed a good camping weekend, filled with beer, rain, trouty's, some sun, good food, good fun and a finger closed in the door.

see you soon

Anonymous said...

Well, my last two posts have not made it through to your BLOG......must have something to do with the stunningly efficient dial up access that I have set up on this beast in Iqaluit. Glad to hear you are almost out, did I mention that I have 22 more sleeps before I can say the same?? Did I also mention that it doesn't matter how much liqour I have left as I started with a sum total of ZERO anyway? Mmmmmmm, dry workplace for almost a month. My liver will love me, my brain and attempts at sanity most certainly not.

Enjoy your welcome home FABAMAS and I'll suck on some seal blubber in efforts to have a connection with all of you while you consume the devine liquids of fermentation and distillation.

PS: Thanks for the weather data the other day.....had an interesting landing back in Iqaluit returning with a patient from Nanisivik/Arctic Bay. Did I mention 1/8 of a mile of vis with no vertical at all?? A couple of aborted efforts and then a bumpy shot to the runway in the fog. Mmmmmm, crash landings, my favorite!